Many gifted children are interested in letters and subsequently in reading and writing long before they enrol at school.
See also: Examples of: Early Interest in the Alphabet and in Reading.
The following accounts were given by some of the pedagogues who attended our Certificate Courses and demonstrate how the children’s impulse to deal with letters can be seized and supported.
All children’s names in the accounts have been changed.
- Reading and Writing in Kindergarten
- Project “Letters” – Activity for Small Groups
- Jerome Practises Writing
- Selin Is Underchallenged (German version)
- A 3-Years-Old Wants to Write (German version)
- A 3-Years-Old Wants to Write (Abridged Version) (German version)
- I Think: „Reading Is for School Children“
- Pablo (4;5) Is Already Interested in Reading Too (German version)
- Word Club with Sarah (German version)
- René (5;4) Is Learning How to Read (German version)
- Tamara(5;5) and the Characters of the Alphabet (German version)
- Early Intervention for Literacy (German version)
- Alena (5) Studies Letters – When Should She Enrol at School?
- Pia (5;3) Wants to Learn to Read and Actually Wants to Go to School Too (German version)