Since 2003 the IHVO has been providing certificate courses in which professional personnel from kindergartens may acquire expertise and enhance their decision-making and responsibility in their effort to recognize and support gifted children adequately in kindergarten. These trainings are scientifically sound standing and a close interlocking of theory and practical implementation is guaranteed.
Duration: 2 years
Group size: 12-14 participants
This ensures good working conditions.
What will be accomplished in these 2 years?
- There are six 2-day-seminars, each scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
- Here we give theoretical input, accommodate for discussions and the exchange of experiences.
- Participants will sit in at a kindergarten and at an elementary school, one additional day each.
- Participants will develop projects in accord with the course teachers, conduct these in their kindergarten and reflect upon them in writing and in class.
- Participants will complete written assignments on required reading.
Upon successfully completing the course participants will receive a certificate detailing their newly acquired skills and expertise and certifying them as “Expert on the Advancement of Gifted Children in Kindergarten”.
In addition to the individual IHVO-Certificate granted to the successful graduate of a course the IHVO also issues an IHVO-Certificate for kindergartens which meet the IHVO-standards as an “Integrative Main Focus Kindergarten for the Advancement of the Gifted”
This will be granted to such kindergartens after having successfully completed the 2,5-year IHVO-project “Focus Kindergartens for the Advancement of the Gifted”. Further requirements concerning facilities, expertise and administration must be met in the course of the project for a kindergarten to be granted this certificate. The certificate is granted only on a temporary basis and requirements must be substantiated periodically. (The individual certificates granted to participating personnel in such projects will of course be permanent.)
Requirements for the participation in certificate courses:
Prospective participants should have completed a state-approved formal training as kindergarten teachers (individual exceptions may be made by the course administration)
and they should have worked in a kindergarten for at least two years.
Our fundament of experience:
- Numerous certificate courses
- Many, many „basic“ further trainings on the topic of „ Gifted Children in Kindergarten “
- Many years of practical experience in kindergarten
- Many years of aptitude- and intelligence-diagnosis
- Numerous projects for bright and gifted children in and out of kindergarten
- Many years of guidance for parents of gifted children
- Sound implementation of quality management techniques
Date of release in German: May 5 th
Translated by Arno Zucknick
Copyright © Hanna Vock, siehe Impressum.